Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Mom: My Warrior Hero

I might digress a little bit from Dirty Dancing. However, looking at some of the themes in Dirty Dancing that include living for the now and fighting for what you want, and my yearning to get this down on paper, I will proceed.

My 82 yr old Mom had her second mastectomy this week. Even her surgeon said she was tough. She went in and did what she had to do and didn't look back. I will tell you what--losing a breast at 82 is still losing a breast. When the surgeon called with the positive results, my Mom said: "I am lucky," She is healing fast and getting on with life. I look up to my Mom: My Warrior Hero. Sometimes it takes a health scare like this to once again live in the moment and enjoy everything we are blessed with!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home